Monday, September 12, 2005

I am a sacrifice to You

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Tukhaari on Anng 1117

thukhaaree shha(n)th mehalaa 5
Tukhaari Chhant, Fifth Mehl:

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ghol ghumaaee laalanaa gur man dheenaa
O my Beloved, I am a sacrifice to You. Through the Guru, I have dedicated my mind to You.

sun sabadh thumaaraa maeraa man bheenaa
Hearing the Word of Your Shabad, my mind is enraptured.

eihu man bheenaa jio jal meenaa laagaa ra(n)g muraaraa
This mind is enraptured, like the fish in the water; it is lovingly attached to the Lord.

keemath kehee n jaaee t(h)aakur thaeraa mehal apaaraa
Your Worth cannot be described, O my Lord and Master; Your Mansion is Incomparable and Unrivalled.

sagal gunaa kae dhaathae suaamee bino sunahu eik dheenaa
O Giver of all Virtue, O my Lord and Master, please hear the prayer of this humble person.

dhaehu dharas naanak balihaaree jeearraa bal bal keenaa 1
Please bless Nanak with the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, a sacrifice to You. 1

eihu than man thaeraa sabh gun thaerae
This body and mind are Yours; all virtues are Yours.

kha(n)neeai va(n)n(j)aa dharasan thaerae
I am a sacrifice, every little bit, to Your Darshan.

dharasan thaerae sun prabh maerae nimakh dhrisatt paekh jeevaa
Please hear me, O my Lord God; I live only by seeing Your Vision, even if only for an instant.

a(n)mrith naam suneejai thaeraa kirapaa karehi th peevaa
I have heard that Your Name is the most Ambrosial Nectar; please bless me with Your Mercy, that I may drink it in.

aas piaasee pir kai thaaee jio chaathrik boo(n)dhaerae
My hopes and desires rest in You, O my Husband Lord; like the rainbird, I long for the rain-drop.

kahu naanak jeearraa balihaaree dhaehu dharas prabh maerae 2
Says Nanak, my soul is a sacrifice to You; please bless me with Your Darshan, O my Lord God. 2

thoo saachaa saahib saahu amithaa
You are my True Lord and Master, O Infinite King.

thoo preetham piaaraa praan hith chithaa
You are my Dear Beloved, so dear to my life and consciousness.

praan sukhadhaathaa guramukh jaathaa sagal ra(n)g ban aaeae
You bring peace to my soul; You are known to the Gurmukh. All are blessed by Your Love.

soee karam kamaavai praanee jaehaa thoo furamaaeae
The mortal does only those deeds which You ordain, Lord.

jaa ko kirapaa karee jagadheesur thin saadhhasa(n)g man jithaa
One who is blessed by Your Grace, O Lord of the Universe, conquers his mind in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

kahu naanak jeearraa balihaaree jeeo pi(n)dd tho dhithaa 3
Says Nanak, my soul is a sacrifice to You; You gave me my soul and body. 3

niragun raakh leeaa sa(n)than kaa sadhakaa
I am unworthy, but He has saved me, for the sake of the Saints.

sathigur dtaak leeaa mohi paapee parradhaa
The True Guru has covered by faults; I am such a sinner.

dtaakanehaarae prabhoo hamaarae jeea praan sukhadhaathae
God has covered for me; He is the Giver of the soul, life and peace.

abinaasee abigath suaamee pooran purakh bidhhaathae
My Lord and Master is Eternal and Unchanging, Ever-present; He is the Perfect Creator, the Architect of Destiny.

ousathath kehan n jaae thumaaree koun kehai thoo kadh kaa
Your Praise cannot be described; who can say where You are?

naanak dhaas thaa kai balihaaree milai naam har nimakaa 4111
Slave Nanak is a sacrifice to the one who blesses him with the Lord's Name, even for an instant. 4111

Gurmukhi

Audio:

Bhai Nirmal Singh Jee Khalsa
Bhai Sarabjit Singh Rangila
Bhai Surinder Singh Jodhpuri
Bhai Amrik Singh Zakhmi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VAHEGURU !!!

^_^