Thursday, April 13, 2006

Inspiration And Faith

Through your life time on this earth for how ever long it is vahiguroos will you will meet many souls, many people will walk through your life and you will have some sort of interaction with them.

April is a time of year for celebration of Khalsa Panth and reflection of the shaheeds of Amritsar.

In April, I remember some one who had a real impact on my life. Some one dear and now I think back some one I owe a lot to as though if it wasn’t for his faith I may not have the same ounce of belief in Sikh Dharma, and Vahiguroo and who knows where I would be. This person cared for me from a young age and left my life while I was fairly young. Who? My granddad. :)

On 13th April he celebrated his Birthday and 10 years ago a few days after 13th April left this world. With out going in to too much detail my granddad was some one I will always admire as he went through hardship I couldn’t even dream of. He brought up a large family of young children single handedly bringing them from one part of the world to another and getting them all married.

In life we go through many hardships and often lose faith saying there can’t be God because he took away some one I loved, but my granddad was some one who went though many, many hardships from loosing loved ones to loosing his home and being forced to move across the world to protect his family but he never gave up his Sikhi.

He insured his family was safe and always had everything they needed and to me what stands out is he always had faith in vahiguroo and always said don’t worry leave it to vahiguroo. In the face of adversity my grand father never gave up his Sikhi. Faced with worldly blood relations over Sikhi he had no choice but Sikhi was clearer than black and white. His faith in Guroo sahib was admirable his amrit vela and reading of gurbani was very important even though his eyes where becoming weak. He always said when he sat on tabia of Guroo sahib the akharas of Gurbani became crystal clear.

My personal connection with my granddad has to be because he looked after me from when I was born. Guroo Sahib put my family through many tests when I was sent to this world but he always remained strong and drilled the identity in to our form through our kesh and dastar but also internally through encouraging nitnem, sakhia, and generally stories about Gursikhi Jeevans. With Guroo Sahibs Kirpa he always kept his faith and insured that so did my family and he drilled it into us. So from his arms in London I grew and from my shoulder in Amritsar did his body leave to turn to ash after he left for what he described as a divan where keertan played all the time with amazing beauty.

I will try to write more another time. But for now… Vahiguroo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Thank you for sharing this inspirational story with the Sangat. Your words truly illustrate the love you had for your Grandfather. May Guru Ji Bless you to follow your Grandfather’s footsteps on this path of life.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Prabhu Singh said...

That's a nice track of kirtan.
WaheGuru!
Happy Baisakhi!

Anonymous said...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru, thank you Veerji. Vaisakhi di tuhaanu lakh lakh vadhaaee hovay Jeeo.

Waheguruu

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehh

tajinder kaur said...

Very nice and inspiring veer ji. My grandad was the same way. He recently left us and went up to be with our Akaal Purakh. Reading your story almost made my cry. It made me think of my papa ji and how similar yours and mine grandparents were. I am sure he is watching you from heaven. Waheguru Bless his soul

Waheguru

Ravjeet Singh said...

I strongly belive it is from our elders we learn. If you go southall Gurdwara you may have come across two uncle jees. They bring there grandchildren to Guroo Sahibs divan it amazing how the kids sit there and run to do seva. They have laid the foundations of Sikhi for the kids for the rest of there lives with Guroo sahibs kirpa. And the kids are so cute :D.