Wednesday, November 29, 2006

V for Vendetta

I watched a film called V for Vendetta yesterday. It’s about a person known as V who is oppressed by a new form of government which takes over UK and becomes a communist state. The story is not really about V. He is such a larger than life figure; it can be argued that he is not a character at all. In truth, it is about the people whose lives V enters. It is about what happens when the ideals V represents are given a chance to grow. It is about freedom, and identity, and the responsibilities that go along with it. Interesting film say a few parallels with Sikhi at times.

Have a look at this clip.


This clip I found was amazing. Often the kirpan is questioned by people saying its nothing compared to a gun. True a gun is a great weapon but I belive 90% of time its about the art of using the weapon as the way you use it it the important thing. He also says an intresting thing, ideas are bullet proof, food for thought. :)

I give it 8 out of 10.



5 comments:

Prabhu Singh said...

It's definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. It's actually really scary, because so much of it parallels what's actually happening post 9-11. There are some big governments with some major corruption and manipulation.

Ravjeet Singh said...

so true... wiked film I dont know why I rented it but glad I did. :)

Anonymous said...

ohh i wanta watch this movie

Anonymous said...

Ive been wanting to watch V for agess!!! havent been able to cause of studies tho these clips make me wana watch it even more!! i cant wait for christmas hols, the movie looksss soo nang

Ravjeet Singh said...

haha yeh i bet. lets hook up with the other singhs in east London ;)