Monday, October 29, 2007

The Energy We Use… From the book Spiritual Quest

Taken from: http://forums.waheguroo.com/The-Energy-We-Use-t21989.html

Let us always remember the 'destination' of our journey (Sikhi)...let us not
conform to the standards of other people. Let us always conform to the bare
Truth. What is the Truth....?

Well, the truth for me is that there is a need for something in my life. I
could have all the people I love sitting around me, I could have all the things I
ever wanted in my possession...but still, there is something missing....are we
brave enough to explore our spirits and ask ourselves why we do the things
we do? Or why we feel the way we do? I ask myself what it is that I 'miss.'
The self evident truth of my soul is that 'I miss God.' Only He can complete
me. This is why I want to be a Sikh.

Do we know how much Kirpa has been bestowed upon us to have the tools to
build the 'ship' we need to take us back to Him, on our doorstep? Many of us
entered this earth born into 'Sikh' or 'Punjabi' families...we have the gift of
knowing the language and therefore the 'tool' to know Guru Jee. But we have
beautiful souls coming from all races drinking from this Amrit Baani and
gaining 'REAL' knowledge which leads them to love...they have the Udam
(Himmat or effort) to know the Creator...thank God for such souls...
Guru Jee says that He notices two animals who have alot of 'Udam' (forgive
me, I cannot remember the Tuk), they are the mouse and the ant. Whenever
you look at these creatures they are always very busy. The ant is running this
way and that, just as the mouse is always running around! Both animals have
so much 'Udam.' But there is a difference in their 'Udam.'
You will see the ant busy carrying things to and fro. They say the ant is wise
as it knows when the rains are coming. So in preparation the ant gathers food
to keep it's colony well 'stocked up' so that they will not run out of food. The
ant is always doing something to 'get things done!'

The mouse is also very busy, it never sits still! But what does it do? You
will see the mouse running back and forth. Sometimes you will see it
amongst the books...cutting them with its teeth. Then you may see it amongst
old clothes, knawing them to bits....but what for? It doesn't eat the books nor
does it eat the clothes...it is of no good to the owner of the clothes/books or to
itself. In effect, it's 'Udam' is of no avail...it will do these pointless things all
night and have nothing to show for it. Whereas the ant, will have ensured that
it's family survives through bad times...
The question is, are we like the ant or the mouse? Guru Jee gives us
advice....

AISAA KAMM MULEY NAA KEEJAY, JITH ANTH PACHOTAIYEH
Refrain from doing such acts, that make you regret when you die
Guru Jee, let us not waste our energy on things that do not help us...let us ask
ourselves that if what we are about to do is going to 'help' or 'hinder' us on our
journey to you....may we always listen to your advice...
SATGUR KAA UPDESH SUNN TU, HOVAI TERE NAALEY
Listen to the Guru's advice, as He is with you
(Ant & Mouse example taken from Professor Darshan Singh Jee Kirtan tape)
Remember the reason/feeling that led you to this path...it can help you
'ground' yourself....remember the innocence of the child............it can help you
remember your 'Mother'

No comments: