Friday, August 19, 2005

You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind's desires....

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Sorath on Anng 623

sorat(h) mehalaa 5
Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

gur poorai charanee laaeiaa
The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet.

har sa(n)g sehaaee paaeiaa
I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend.

jeh jaaeeai thehaa suhaelae
Wherever I go, I am happy there.

kar kirapaa prabh maelae 1
By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. 1

har gun gaavahu sadhaa subhaaee
So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion.

man chi(n)dhae sagalae fal paavahu jeea kai sa(n)g sehaaee 1 rehaao
You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind's desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. 1Pause

naaraaein praan adhhaaraa
The Lord is the support of the breath of life.

ham sa(n)th janaa(n) raenaaraa
I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people.

pathith puneeth kar leenae
I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure.

kar kirapaa har jas dheenae 2
By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. 2

paarabreham karae prathipaalaa
The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me.

sadh jeea sa(n)g rakhavaalaa
He is always with me, the Protector of my soul.

har dhin rain keerathan gaaeeai
Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises day and night,

bahurr n jonee paaeeai 3
I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. 3

jis dhaevai purakh bidhhaathaa
One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny,

har ras thin hee jaathaa
realizes the subtle essence of the Lord.

jamaka(n)kar naerr n aaeiaa
The Messenger of Death does not come near him.

sukh naanak saranee paaeiaa 4959
In the Lord's Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. 4959

Gurmukhi Version
Gurmukhi Version (forums)

No comments: