Friday, November 18, 2005

A Sikh Girls Prayer

Some thing I found....

A Sikh Girls Prayer

Born and raised in a world full of hate
Enraged by the injustices her sisters faced


No place or home to call her own
Born into a family which is not her own


Knowing everyday as she’s grown
One day her hand will be given to a man unknown


Searching for an abode which can be called her own
Realising at her tender age,


That is none other than with the charna of the lord
For a girl to be accepted in this world

So much she has to bear
Sentenced to a world of silence

No room for what she has to share
Loved ones come and go

Their love and faces forever changing

We are forever searching for acceptance

Not realising for years how our sisters have been treated


1984 and for years before

Our sisters, abducted, raped, betrayed by people they thought of as their own



No one here is ours

We are musafirs on this earth

We belong with our lord



If only we could witness an ounce of the strength of the ones before

Gave up their ‘all’ for the lord



Gurujis love remains the same, forever strong

Forever carrying his daughters through their struggles



Without his shelter we have no home,

My home, my love, life, my everything, all within the truest form of love



A taste of this love we receive,

From parents, siblings, friends

But a taste is all it remains

Until the ultimate love is realised

The purest kind of love

The only endless love



Dearest sweet akaal pu rkh ji,

Grant me the wisdom and courage to walk on your path

Forever be close to my heart

Keep my love strong

Help me forgive those who cause my struggles and the struggles of my sisters



Never let me forget the sacrifices our shaheeds made for us

May all my sisters who have suffered be granted the peace love and acceptance,

That I have found within your chrnaa



Forever your daughter,

Jeeth Kaur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waheguru..waheguru..waheguru.......waheguru..waheguru...