Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sponsored Sky Dive

My cousin, Varinder Kaur has asked me to forward an email so I thought I would blog it. She has decided to chuck her self out of an aeroplane thousands of feet in the sky away from the groundshock.gif, (and everyone thought I was the MAD one!tongue.gif).

Our auntie, passed away around 3 years ago she was diagnosed with Lupus which is a chronic (lifelong) autoimmune disease.

I would have helped her with her sponsored Sky dive or as I call it “the jump of doom” tongue.gifbut I have exams, d_oh.gifoh well shame next year maybeunsure.gif.

Please if you can sponsor her the Link and info from her is below. Guroo Rakha

To all the world wide International community, My name is Varinder Kaur & I am doing a Sky dive for Lupus UK on the 21st of May. The reason I am raising money for lupus is a few years ago my massi ji passed away and she suffered from this disease. She was an amazing person who was more like my best friend then anything else and I shall forever more look up to her for her courage and her love of life. That is the reason I wanted to do something for Lupus. Lupus is a widespread and chronic (lifelong) autoimmune disease that, for unknown reasons, causes the immune system to attack the body's own tissue and organs, including the joints, kidneys, heart, lungs, brain, blood, or skin. The immune system normally protects the body against viruses, bacteria, and other foreign materials. In an autoimmune disease like lupus, the immune system loses its ability to tell the difference between foreign substances and its own cells and tissue.

It's an incurable immune system illness, probably genetic in origin and mainly suffered by females.

Some 50,000 are now thought to have lupus in the UK - it's systemic, in that it can affect any part of the body and that's the danger.

More information regarding Lupus can be found at http://www.lupusuk.com/

For my skydive I need to raise a minimum of £385 anything extra goes directly to the charity.

If you would like to donate money towards my sky dive you can do so via paypal skydive4lupus@yahoo.co.uk. If you would like to post me the donation then please email me on the same address and I will send you details of the address where sponsorship money can be sent. You may also contact me through msn messenger at waheguru_ji@hotmail.com. Thank you for taking time to visit this site.
- Varinder Kaur

Lupus amongst other sufferers

No comments: