Monday, December 12, 2005

Righteous Judge of Dharma calls for Account

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Maaroo on Pannaa 1104

ਦੇਹੀ ਗਾਵਾ ਜੀਉ ਧਰ ਮਹਤਉ ਬਸਹਿ ਪੰਚ ਕਿਰਸਾਨਾ ॥

dhaehee gaavaa jeeo dhhar mehatho basehi pa(n)ch kirasaanaa The body is a village, and the soul is the owner and farmer; the five farm-hands live there.

ਨੈਨੂ ਨਕਟੂ ਸ੍ਰਵਨੂ ਰਸਪਤਿ ਇੰਦ੍ਰੀ ਕਹਿਆ ਨ ਮਾਨਾ ॥1॥

nainoo nakattoo sravanoo rasapath ei(n)dhree kehiaa n maanaa 1
The eyes, nose, ears, tongue and sensory organs of touch do not obey any order. 1

ਬਾਬਾ ਅਬ ਨ ਬਸਉ ਇਹ ਗਾਉ ॥

baabaa ab n baso eih gaao
O father, now I shall not live in this village.

ਘਰੀ ਘਰੀ ਕਾ ਲੇਖਾ ਮਾਗੈ ਕਾਇਥੁ ਚੇਤੂ ਨਾਉ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

gharee gharee kaa laekhaa maagai kaaeithh chaethoo naao 1 rehaao
The accountants summoned Chitar and Gupat, the recording scribes of the conscious and the unconscious, to ask for an account of each and every moment. 1Pause

ਧਰਮ ਰਾਇ ਜਬ ਲੇਖਾ ਮਾਗੈ ਬਾਕੀ ਨਿਕਸੀ ਭਾਰੀ ॥

dhharam raae jab laekhaa maagai baakee nikasee bhaaree
When the Righteous Judge of Dharma calls for my account, there shall be a very heavy balance against me.

ਪੰਚ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਾਨਵਾ ਭਾਗਿ ਗਏ ਲੈ ਬਾਧਿਓ ਜੀਉ ਦਰਬਾਰੀ ॥2॥

pa(n)ch kirasaanavaa bhaag geae lai baadhhiou jeeo dharabaaree 2 The five farm-hands shall then run away, and the bailiff shall arrest the soul. 2

ਕਹੈ ਕਬੀਰੁ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਰੇ ਸੰਤਹੁ ਖੇਤ ਹੀ ਕਰਹੁ ਨਿਬੇਰਾ ॥

kehai kabeer sunahu rae sa(n)thahu khaeth hee karahu nibaeraa
Says Kabeer, listen, O Saints: settle your accounts in this farm.

ਅਬ ਕੀ ਬਾਰ ਬਖਸਿ ਬੰਦੇ ਕਉ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਨ ਭਉਜਲਿ ਫੇਰਾ ॥3॥7॥

ab kee baar bakhas ba(n)dhae ko bahur n bhoujal faeraa 37
O Lord, please forgive Your slave now, in this life, so that he may not have to return again to this terrifying world-ocean. 37 I cant find the audio of this shabad anone know its location?

I think I have herd an audio but cant find it. Anyone find it post a link please.

6 comments:

Tejinder said...

you can find the shabad by Bahi Harjinder Singh JI (Sringar-India Wale)
http://www.ikirtan.com/index.php?q=f&f=%2FBhai_Harjinder_Singh_Jee_Srinagar_Wale

Tejinder said...

I would suggest you to listen to Bhai Harjinder singh JI and Bhai Gurmail Singh ji:

http://www.ikirtan.com/index.php?q=f&f=%2FBhai_Gurmail_Singh_Jee_Hazoori_Ragi

Anonymous said...

amazing shahbad :)

Just wondering why you left sikhsangat.com??

Ravjeet Singh said...

I stopped posting on SikhSangat and SikhiUnleashed as I have other commitments which I need to concentrate on including London Sikh Socs, 2 Degrees and other stuff.

Anonymous said...

thats sad to hear ji, I always loved reading your posts on the forums. Hope everything works everything out and you keep smiling :)

take care

Ravjeet Singh said...

I personally have little knowledge of Sikhi. Forums, MSN like internet on whole can be good for you but at same time to much can have a negative effect on your jeevan and most importantly your Sikhi. I personally chose to stop posting for a bit so I can sort out other sevas Guroo Sahib has blessed me with (Sikhi week, etc) and my degrees, As well as with Guroo Sahibs kirpa work on my Sikhi and try and become a better gursikh.

It’s all good talking to gursikhs over these things but sometimes you just end up confusing your self. I think personally a set time online and more time doing kirtan, path, vichar and naam simran is needed today in our jeevans, especially mine.

I would recommend the following as I feel its fantastic. http://abhiyaas.blogspot.com/

Guroo Anng Sanng